Sa Calayo Beach - Nasugbu, Batangas

   My wife invited me to join their team building. And when she told me that it will be held at Nasugbu, Batangas, one thing automatically crossed my mind - swimming!

   I've been to some beach resorts in Nasugbu in the past but I've never been to Calayo Beach. In fact, I've never heard of it before. And based on its name, the beach seems farther than those beach resorts lined up along the town proper (I think Calayo came from the tagalog word "ka-layo" meaning very far). My curiosity just boosts up my excitement.

   We spent about an hour and a half driving from Cavite to Batangas (by motorcycle). Going to Nasugbu using public transportation is quite easy. There are bus trips at Pasay Rotonda (behind Hotel Sogo) going to Nasugbu via Aguinaldo Highway. Using your own vehicle is more convenient though as there are lots of other routes to choose from going to Nasugbu from Manila.

Calayo Beach
   I'm not sure if there are regular trips from the town proper of Nasugbu going to Calayo. We passed through different exclusive resorts, a couple of up and down slopes and some zigzag roads where I can see the green mountains from the right and the blue sea from the left. It took us about an hour to reach Calayo using a van from Nasugbu town proper.

   Calayo is a small and peaceful community. Life there is simple. People are having their siestas under the shades of the trees, children running around playing not with iPods and tablets, women hanging their newly washed clothes and us giving smiles to everyone who pass by.

   As I walk down the golden creamy sand of the beach, I noticed some fisherman fixing their nets and washing their boats. Visitors enjoy swimming and running along the shore. The surrounding looks very relaxing. The sun's rays brightly reflects down the blue sea. The sound of the calm waves and the soft breeze makes me want to run and jump into the water.

   We walked further along the shore until we reach a spot where we saw awesome rock formations. We passed through those rocks until we reach the place which we settled in. There, we enjoyed a couple of hours of swimming and relaxing.
The calm waters of the sea
The green trees and the golden sand

   After a well spent hours by the sea, we decided to go back to the van. We thought we might have a hard time passing through the rocks if the tides go up.

   Sadly, we were about to leave the beach at 4:00pm. I imagined how magnificent the sunset would look like on that beach.

   As I bid goodbye to the serene beach of Calayo, I wonder what will it look like if ever I go back there five to ten years after. Will it be developed into a high-end exclusive beach resort? Will transportation never be a problem? Will the locals keep up with its cleanliness?

   Well, I just wish it would be as peaceful and affordable as it is now. And I wish I could go back there some other time too.


Comments

  1. hi sir! where did you stay po sa calayo? may narentahan po kayong cottage or table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! we stayed there for about 3 to 4 hours lang po. So we just set up our tent by the beach. Pero libre lang po ang beach, may nakita din po kaming cottages. Sorry hindi ko po nakuha ang contact numbers. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi there's a cool new place there called THE INN. Check their website. www.theinnatcalayo.com.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sir... Good Evening! I would like to us if the comfort room is also available and if it is clean? Hoping for your feedback. Thank you very much and GOD bless. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! When we went there, we just pitched a tent by the beach and we only stayed there for a couple of hours. I suppose the resort there has comfort rooms though. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Sir...madali lang po ba makita yung location?

      Delete
  3. hi Sir... my team are planning to go at mt. batulao and after are hike we are planning to have overnight stay sa beach n tent pitching lang, magkano po ang entrance sa calayo? and required b kumuha ng cottage? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! 3 years ago, hindi po required kumuha ng cottage kasi public beach siya. Wala ding entrance fee. Pero merong mga resorts dun na pwede din puntahan. Ingat po kayo and enjoy!

      Delete
    2. from kabiang tunnel paano po ito madaling makita?

      Delete
    3. From Kaybiang Tunnel, derechohin niyo lang po ang Nasugbu-Ternate Highway hanggang Looc tapos right po highway tapos pasok po sa Calayo Road. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment